Η Αναβάθμιση του ArcGIS Online ήταν προγραμματισμένη για τη δεύτερη εβδομάδα του Νοεμβρίου και περιλαμβάνει βελτίωση της διαχείρισης του ArcGIS Online, πολλές βελτιώσεις στο περιβάλλον εργασίας του χρήστη, και νέες δυνατότητες για τους χρήστες του ArcGIS Online. Σύμφωνα με την Marathon Data Systems , οι αλλαγές επικεντρώνονται στα εξής σημεία:
Administering ArcGIS Online
- To help you manage and control expenses, we plan to provide user-level service credit budgeting controls.
- We also plan to add tools for managing large numbers of users and improving communication by enabling you to choose the administrator who is the right point of contact for members whom you’ve added to your ArcGIS Online subscription.
- Additional reports will be available that will include summary stats on usage creation and activity of apps. And you will be able to download the status data to a CSV file.
Map Viewer Enhancements
- Text styling will have a new option to use halo outlines in labels and symbols.
- Map authors will be able to reorder bookmarks.
Scene Viewer Enhancements
- You will be able to create and view local scenes that display content in any geographic or projected coordinate system. Local scenes are the best way to display data in a smaller or local extent, and they allow easy visualization and navigation underground.
- You’ll also be able to add outlines to point symbol options for color, width, and transparency.
New styles for mapping multiple traits at one time will be available for: vary size and transparency, size and color, compare two variables, and compare variables with predominance. These new styles will help you by doing the calculations you need behind the scenes, so that you can focus on what map you want to make.
- A new edit tracking option will allow editors to view, update, and delete only the features they add.
- Finding the right app template will be easier with a redesigned app gallery including a filter based on the purpose of the app.
- Crowdsource Manager and Crowdsource Reporter will include the ability to use social network credentials.
Access to and use of the basic viewer by individuals with disabilities will be improved. This is part of an ongoing goal by Esri to design and implement easily accessible GIS products.
- Users will be able to sign up for public accounts and sign in with their credentials from social networks.
- World Imagery, World Street Map, and World Topographic Map will be updated with additional levels of detail in the tiling scheme to support display of larger scale data in or on the basemap.
- Beta versions of Esri vector basemaps will be available as vector tile layers and web maps for display in the Map Viewer and use in custom basemap galleries.
- Demographic maps for over twenty countries, including Canada, will be updated with more current data.